Because you are having an outdoor party and sometimes the weather, such as rain, high winds, Humidity, and direct sun can be a factor. We ask that you read the following as an acknowledgement of our policy for bad weather.
HOW WE DETERMINE WEATHER
We will use “The Weather Channel” app and we are guided by what is broadcasted on this app. If the app is telling us there is a “CHANCE” of rain or thunderstorms during or just after your party time scheduled, WE HAVE THE RIGHT REQUIRE INSIDE STRUCTURE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR THE SET UP OF OUR AUDIO AND LIGHTING EQUIPMENT.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR PARTY OR EVENT
If the forecast calls for rain or ANY inclement weather, it is your responsibility to ensure we are inside a permanent structure, i.e.: GARAGE, POOL HOUSE, or INSIDE YOUR HOME. ***NO REFUNDS OR RAIN DATES ARE GIVEN***CONTRACT IS VALID RAIN OR SHINE.
Not only is the suns direct rays a danger to the skin and we will NOT subject our DJ’s or Staff to long periods of direct sun without some sort of shade and water. The professional DJ equipment, as well as the laptops we use can and will be damaged by the suns direct rays. That being said cover for our equipment is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
Rain in ANY form, light or heavy is a hazard to our equipment. Keep in mind rain will not come from the sky in a 90 degree angle, it will come down sideways. So when setting a place for the DJ please keep in mind a small overhang or a gazebo will not protect us.
Humidity to you and your guests is uncomfortable, but to us it has been determined to be a hazard to our equipment resulting in costly repairs. If the humidity level is 80% or higher it is a hazard and we have the right to cancel our services
IN ROUTE TO YOU
Once we are in route to your party you are responsible for the TOTAL BALANCE DUE if we have not collected it prior, and no credit for a make up date will be given. We offer you the opportunity to cancel by 12 noon the day of your party. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTACT US IF YOU ARE CANCELLING.
Once we have arrived, if the weather is deemed a hazard to our equipment we will request to set up completely inside an enclosed permanent structure. If you refuse or offer, we are under no obligation to remove the equipment from our vehicles to set up.
Once we are set up, if the weather becomes a hazard to our equipment, it is at our discretion to discontinue the music or move to an enclosed permeant structure. Bringing the party completely indoors.
MOVING DURING THE PARTY
The breaking down and moving of equipment is still counted as contracted hours and will not be added to the end of the party to make up for time lost while moving equipment. To avoid this from happening we recommend you PLACE US UNDER AN OVER HANG (at least 20 feet forward and across) OR INSIDE ONE OF OUR INDUSTRIAL TENTS WITH AT LEAST TWO SIDE WALL.
10 X 10 TENT (additional charges apply)
If we bring a small quick shade tent for cover, to protect the equipment from the damage of the sun. Please understand this tent is not used to protect us from the rain. We ask that you keep this in mind when setting a place for the DJ, allowing enough space for us to set that tent. WE DO NOT PREFORM WITHOUT COVER.
SETTING UP UNDER AN INDUSTRIAL TENT
When we set up under a larger sized tent, i.e. 20 x 20 or larger, we need to place the equipment at least (5) five feet from each and any side. The only exception to this would be if you are providing side walls to protect the equipment.
ANY discrepancies of this policy is considered a "breach of contract" and will be considered as the customers liability. The customer will be responsible for the total balance due on contract.
Our objective is to do a great job for you and to do that we need your help with these requirements. We hope you understand our position. The professional Disc Jockey equipment we use is expensive and we can not afford to damage it due to weather. If you have any reservation about this form we can not accept your payment.
By you checking you "I Agree" it represents you have read the above policy, understand it, and accept the condition of our weather policy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Balance of payment is DUE IN CASH prior to the affair date. All overtime should be paid prior to the completion of the affair. (WE DO NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS)
2. Our DJ, MC AND STAFF are to be offered a meal at your affair.
3. In the event the customer cancels the contract, NO REFUNDS of deposits will be made.
4. In the event of customer cancellation within 90 days of the contracted affair, customer agrees to forfeit any and all payments.
5. Permission is given to VJ Entertainment to disclose any information, exhibit letters, photos, and/or videos of affairs, as samples of my work.
6. CONTRACT IS VALID RAIN OR SHINE, NO RAIN DATES (see weather policy).
7. We have the right to substitute Talent when deemed necessary by our Management Team.
8. VJ Entertainment is not responsible should injury occur to unauthorized persons tampering with any equipment.
9. Client understands and agrees that all inflatable rides and tent rentals are sometimes sub- contracted, and that VJ Entertainment holds no liability for those companies. Each independent company has there own insurance and should any injury occur with sub-contracted equipment the company providing the equipment is held liable.
10. VJ Entertainment Shall not be held liable for the failure to furnish services caused by any reason outside the control of VJ Entertainment, including but not limited to strikes, hurricanes, fires, blackouts, and any other calamity which might be considered an act of god, mechanical or equipment failure.
11. Any person and/or entities contracting with VJ Entertainment Agrees to limit any and all liability to only the amount paid for the said contracted event or services.
12. VJ Entertainment will be entitled to reasonable legal fees, including, but not limited to attorney fees, court costs, ect. In the event of a breach of contract by the contracting party.
13. For Business checks: (When negotiated prior) A 1.5% surcharge will be applied per month on all balances past due.
14. The Facility will allow us access to set up equipment in the room of the affair at least one hour prior to the contracted start time of said affair. (Video equipment will require 2 hours)
15. DJ will be allowed to set up no more than 15 feet from a 110-volt outlet (3 prong grounded). For outdoor events, the customer is responsible to provide power to the designated DJ area. Voltage must comply to with 110-volts and must not be lower the 100-volts loaded.
16. Facility meets all federal and state safety regulations and has all appropriate music licenses and performance permits. If law enforcement declares a lawful order to cease the music the DJ will lower or shut down, depending on the orders given.
17. Reasonable steps will be taken to protect our equipment, personnel, and music, crowed control will be provided if warranted.
18. For outdoor performances, SEE OUR “WEATHER POLICY” - We ask that The DJ is to be placed on Pavement or Deck when possible and that you provide a tent or cover to protect the DJ equipment from the SUN or PRECIPITATION.
19. Client accepts full responsibility and is liable for any damages, injuries, or delays that occur as a result of failure to comply with these provisions.
20. In the event of circumstances deemed by myself or my staff to present a real or implied threat of injury or harm to our staff, equipment, or recordings, then we reserve the right to deny any guest access to recordings or equipment.
21. In the unlikely event our performance is delayed do to our negligence; liability is limited to providing client with performance time equal to time lacking.
22. Placement and power are not our responsibility. We will not be held liable for any delay due to elements beyond our control, such as but not limited to, weather, placement, non-power ect.
Copyright VJ Entertainment Inc.. All rights reserved. wedding dj prices Islip Babylon West Islip Sweet Sixteen dj affordable reasonable price DJ Entertainment party